Terms & Conditions
This page is available as a PDF or WORD document to print out on the bottom of Page 4 - Prices & Forms
Security of the site is our first concern, the rules are to make is secure, your co-operation will keep it secure.
The objectives of the CCTV is to guard against the theft of your caravan/motorhome/boat from the yard area through the main gate (to date this has not been an issue.) Deterrents are in place to obstruct and attempt to stop intruders into the yard although malicious vandalism and theft by intruders is impossible to guarantee.
- All units must be fully insured for third party liability, please forward a copy of your renewal.
- The Site Owners accept no responsibility for any damage whatsoever incurred by any event whatsoever whilst parked on the site. Storers should take care regarding their neighbours and if aware they have caused any contact the Site Owner. Details of neighbours may be passed on if requested in the event of queries regarding apparent damage incurred whilst parked.
- All units should be checked on a regular basis, therefore a visit at least once a month is recommended to check it status.
- All units are to be parked correctly, please do not obstruct you neighbour’s access. There are a number of white lines indicating your pitch boundary. Poor parking has a detrimental effect along the whole row. If you are not competent at manoeuvring courses are available or you ought to have someone with you to help.
- Access is by use of a key, which is securely coded and cannot be cut, plus an electronic card, this is fully programmable and can be deleted from the system in the event of theft, loss or non payment etc....
- Access is allowed 365 days a year. For security reasons we must insist on being notified at least 1 day/24 hours to you requiring access to the site. (If your plans change and you do not come then this is not a problem).
- ’Free for all’ visiting is not allowed. Monitoring, keeping records and scheduling work is impossible if you are not prepared to co-operate. Emergencies excepted.
- Mobile service vehicles, eg for servicing, tyres, breakdown are accepted visitors, but you must remain with them whilst they are in the yard.
- Telephone call or texts during normal office hours only please ie. 0800-1800 hrs (this is 70 hours per week !!) NOT 2300, 0100 hrs etc.... I am not available 24 hrs a day!
- Movement cards IN/OUT as issued are to be left confirming your pitch is occupied/empty as per your prior instruction. These are a very important part of the security procedure, please ensure they are used or the notepad provided, date and times are filled in.
- Access is allowed - 1st April to 31st October 0700-2100 hrs, 1st November to 31st March 0900-1700 hrs. The electronic access control system automatically locks the gates. NB This cannot be over-ridden, you cannot get in early. As long as your entry is prior to the closing time - you will be able to exit after this time and will NOT get locked in. ie 1700 hrs in winter and 2100 hrs in summer.
- The padlocking of the main gate is entirely the responsibility of each plot (key) holder, please ensure the gate is securely padlocked both when you enter and exit the site - immediately behind you!! DO NOT go to your pitch without locking it. There are two padlocks, one on the gate and one on a hanging chain - secure them BOTH fully! The electronic lock is automatic when the gate is pushed to and held a second. Do NOT throw the padlocks on the floor, they are a very expensive item.
- To ensure the security of the site do not allow anyone either in or out with you. If they have authority to be there, they too have a key and a functioning access card. Do not ‘tailgate’ the person in front of you.
- If a key or access card is lost/stolen/damaged/stops working your deposit is forfeited (£20 for a key, £20 for a card) and you will be required to repay it to gain a replacement. It is important that the key and card are kept separately and their location not advertised on them, for security I do not supply a ‘Brookside Storage’ key ring!!! Keep the access card away from magnetic equipment and mobile phones so as not to interfere with its programming.
- The site office (shipping container) is not manned and a daily basis.
- It is essential that we are notified of any changes immediately, ie. Change of towing vehicle, address, telephone, caravan etc....
- The site has its own post box (green box on right of gate as you enter), mail items to the above address or hand post it whilst you are there.
- When you insurance is renewed please forward a copy immediately.
- In the event you no longer wish to retain your pitch, one months notice is required in writing to the yard address or by email, proof of sending is not proof of receipt. To qualify for your deposit refund the key must be returned to the mail box at the yard (NOT posted) within your months notice or by the end or your term ie. 30th September and must be in full working order and a clean condition. Keys/cards received after this period will not be subject to a refund. Any deductions may be taken from the deposit, ie incorrect notice period, and the balance forwarded within 30 days.
- We reserve the right to give you immediate notice to vacate your pitch and return your key/access card without reason at anytime. This will be preferably by email or in writing and is non-negotiable.
- We operate a NO REFUND policy. Refunds will NOT be given at any point, for any reason, on any period of storage already paid for, ie. You change your mind, you sell you unit, you move away, you are ill ............... Please do not ask, as we do not wish to offend by refusing.
In the event that you encounter a problem entering or exiting, this is usually easily resolved with a telephone call, eg. Your are experiencing difficulty with your key or card, immediate replacement is a possibility). The key in particular can appear notchy if you are not familiar with high security padlocks as per the original demonstration (there is a helpful note attached to the gate as a reminder if your have forgotten and also in your brochure). If you do require manual assistance, with reluctance I will do a call out, at a charge of £75 (only one instance in 17 years has resulted in a padlock replacement, others have all been unfortunately user error. I have to be available during the opening hours for 365 days a year so please be prepared for anything between a 30 minute and 3 hours response, approximately but this is not guaranteed, I will endeavor to accommodate you at the earliest convenience. No recompense will be offered for delays in travel.
- All gas bottles should ideally be removed from you unit and no other noxious, dangerous, hazardous or explosive goods are permitted.
- By entering into this agreement the Plot (key) holder warrants that he/she has both ownership and legal title to the stored goods.
- The Site Owner excludes all liability caused be vermin infestation.
- Dogs are accepted, but please keep them under control at all times and clean up after them.
- Please remove all of your litter (including dog waste) when you leave, there is no refuse collection.
- No trading is permitted from the site.
- Units offered for sale whilst they are stored on site MUST be removed for any and ALL viewing’s as it compromises security to invite complete strangers on site. The only exceptions being relatives and friends.
- In the event of you selling your unit, the title of the pitch does NOT automatically transfer to the new owners. The key/card are NOT to be passed on. A new contract must be taken up by them and signed first and they are to be met in the same fashion as you were originally.
- A renewal reminder will be available on the webpage early August with a reply slip for return before 31st August giving one months notice to vacate or completion and returned with payment by 30th September. All renewals must be paid for in full prior to 1st October.
- In the interests of security we request that all valuables are removed whilst your unit is left in storage and that you have adequate security to protect your unit and keep it secure, high security door locks, alarm, wheel clamp, hitchlock, tracker, cover etc ….. Signs are around the yard indicating no valuables are left in units.
- Pitches may be occupied by an alternate vehicle eg your car in the case of a motorhome, when the unit is absent. Prior agreement must be obtained if this is to be a commercial vehicle.
- Any units on site whose pitch becomes overdue for payment will have their access card blocked. A charge of £25 will be payable for re-instatement in addition to the required annual storage fee or a 10% handling charge if not yet vacated. Once payment has cleared then the card will be unblocked. In the event of non payment by 14th October a Legal Lien wil be attached to the unit, and will remain in force until the arrears are settled in full or the Lien is otherwise discharged. In the event of a negative response to notification of the Lien, legal action will be taken to sell the unit via The Torts Interterence with Goods Act 1977. The outstanding arrears will be deducted from the proceeds of the sale less any costs. Any remaining balance will be retained to await collection. The Site Owner warrants to seek to obtain the best price available on current market values.
- We reserve the right to amend/delete/add any aspect of these terms if deemed necessary at any time
- Due to changes of membership, constitution, fee structure or if it ceases to be of benefit we reserve the right to withdraw from any association of which we are Members. You will be notified at the time.